Transformer catches fire at Hastings Oil Field on Saturday

The Alvin Fire Department was dispatched to Denbury’s Hastings Oil Field on Saturday after smoke was seen in the area of the transformers. According to Alvin Fire Chief Rex Klesel, 20 Alvin firefighters were on the scene, assisted by the Pearland Fire Department. Foam was needed to put out the fire. Eight transformers and numerous power poles were lost due to a short or overload, which caused the fire. One firefighter suffered from heat exhaustion but was checked out and released.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.