We are a multi-media company offering multiple news and advertising platforms for our readers and advertisers. These platforms consist of newspapers, magazines, niche-products, a mobile friendly website and various digital products.
The Alvin Sun is Brazoria County’s first and oldest newspaper and was established on August 8, 1890 as the Alvin News. In 1892, it became the Alvin Sun and was published weekly for many years. It later became a semi-weekly newspaper in 1961 and eventually a daily in 1979. Currently it is a weekly publication published on Monday.
In 1979 Hartman Newspapers, LP of Rosenberg, Texas purchased the Alvin Sun and later purchased the Alvin Advertiser. The Alvin Sun-Advertiser was also added by the family owned group who owns eleven other Texas newspapers.
Today, The Alvin Sun, Alvin Advertiser and Alvin Sun Media continues to provide news and advertising opportunities to Northern Brazoria and West Galveston Counties reaching Alvin, Manvel, Iowa Colony, Rosharon, Danbury, Dickinson and Santa Fe and has a print readership of over 55,000 and over 18,000 unique visitors on alvinsun.net.
- No adoptions at shelter as Parvo found; doors closed until Aug. 5
- Blue Santa prepares to help children at Christmas
- Eight area players named to TSWA's All-State Baseball teams
- Alvin Lions Club returns full coaching lineup for HSFB event
- Judith Ann Cernoch
- Manvel Council hears complaints about Cameron Recycling meeting
- Stanton's ready for 100th birthday in 2022
- C&R District plays important role in drainage
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.